Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:

The version of the COPYING[.lib] file is not relevant if the sourcecoe doesn't contain a version its GPL+ resp. LGPLv2+

So if sourcecode doesn't mention a version but COPYING does, it's still
interpreted as "or any later version?"  Hm... that strikes me as odd.

Yes, atleast thats what Spot says and he is in charge of the license tags.

About GPL and LGPL. If libhandle is distributed as a seperate file under /usr/lib, then the license tag would be:

License: GPL+ and LGPLv2+

Yup that's it...  I guess I'll look into making a -libs package in my
spare time.  :)

It really isn't all that hard, see mdbtools or wildmidi for examples.

Regards,

Hans