Grub seems to have borked!!

Hi,

For some reason my machine has decided it no longer likes me!

I did an update on Friday and again at about 1pm (UK time) and then reset. The
machine restarts okay, but grub fails (I get Booting from CD: Booting from CD:
GRUB and that's it!).

I've checked the BIOS and the connections to the drive and all seems okay. I
can boot from CD using RIPLinux (I can run fsck on the drive without any
problems and also mount the LVM without a hitch) but as there isn't an x86_64
bit version of RIPLinux, I can't get chroot to work or much else.

Anyone got any clues as to how to get this working again?

TTFN

Paul