Fedora can't get high resolution display in VMware

Hi,

I install the Fedora 6, 7, 8 Test on VMware work station 6.0, The highest resolution is 800x600. The visible area is so small it is not convevient for me to use. But the Ubuntu can get 1280x1024 or higher resolution. My display adapter is Nvidia 7600GS 256M.  What is the difference between the X server of Ubuntu and Fedora? Can Fedora improve the that?

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Zongjun