Re: Fedora can't get high resolution display in VMware

2007/8/21, 孙宗君 <szj087 gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> I install the Fedora 6, 7, 8 Test on VMware work station 6.0, The highest
> resolution is 800x600. The visible area is so small it is not convevient for
> me to use. But the Ubuntu can get 1280x1024 or higher resolution. My display
> adapter is Nvidia 7600GS 256M.  What is the difference between the X server
> of Ubuntu and Fedora? Can Fedora improve the that?

You can ask this in fedora-list instead of fedora-devel-list. Or just
in fedora-cn list (google group).

Use system-config-display to choose a different driver & monitor. I
think vesa driver is capable of displaying @ 1280x1024. It has nothing
to do with your physical video adapter.

--
bbbush ^_^