Re: licence tag questions

Zoltan Kota wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Hans de Goede wrote:

Zoltan Kota wrote:

Checking the source files of 'recode' I found the following licenses:
mostly GPLv2+, LGPLv2+, and in some files GNU Library General Public License. According to gnu.org the GNU Library General Public License has been succeeded by the GNU Lesser General Public License.
What should I use in the License tag??

/usr/bin/foo, build from 5 GPLv2+ files and one LGPLv2+ file -> its GPLv2+
/usr/lib/libfoo.so.0, build from 3 LGPLv2+ files -> its LGPLv2+

Now if you both of these in the same package then the package gets:

License: GPLv2+ and LGPLv2+

As it has binaries under 2 different licences in the package

As much as I could figure out both the util and the lib are built from GPLv2+ and LGPLv2+ source files. So they and the package itself are GPLv2+, aren't they?

Yes that would be the case then.

Regards,

Hans