Re: installing more fonts by default for better international coverage

Thanks to everyone for all the useful comments and feedback.

So I have added the following fonts to the default section of
the f8 base-x comps group for now:

 fonts-ISO8859-2*, fonts-KOI8-R*, fonts-arabic, fonts-bengali,
 fonts-chinese, fonts-gujarati, fonts-hebrew, fonts-hindi,
 fonts-japanese, fonts-kannada, fonts-korean, fonts-oriya,
 fonts-punjabi, fonts-sinhala, fonts-tamil, fonts-telugu,
 jomolhari-fonts, xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-9-*,
 xorg-x11-fonts-cyrillic, xorg-x11-fonts-ethiopic

I hope that looks reasonable.

[*] I was wondering if we really need both 75dpi and 100dpi variants of
the bitmap fonts installed by default for fonts-ISO8859-2, fonts-KOI8-R, and xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-9? Perhaps it would be sufficient
to just install the 75dpi fonts by default and make the 100dpi ones
optional?

Jens

PS I have been pondering lately if we should have a comps group
for fonts?  Perhaps that would be a good easy place to keep all
the fonts packages together?