Re: /lib/lsb/init-functions vs. /etc/init.d/functions in init scripts?

On 08/28/2007 03:47 AM, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:

On the OLPC, we were concerned that the old initscript
infrastructure had a considerable overhead.  Would this
change have a beneficial impact on speed?

Now I've sneaked in /lib/lsb/init-functions and it's
apparent from the design that it's going to increase
the overhead sensibly (it sources the old functions
file multiple times).

This transition would be a good time to rewrite the
old init functions in C or speed them up in their
present shell form by dropping some old functionality.

If there are no resources to do it, I hereby volunteer
to do this work in due time, provided there's interest
from the current redhat-lsb maintainers to merge my
changes back.

--
  // Bernardo Innocenti
\X/  http://www.codewiz.org/