Re: /lib/lsb/init-functions vs. /etc/init.d/functions in init scripts?

On 08/28/2007 01:58 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Bernardo Innocenti (bernie codewiz org) said:
If there are no resources to do it, I hereby volunteer
to do this work in due time, provided there's interest
from the current redhat-lsb maintainers to merge my
changes back.

Taking patches, although I'd start with the stuff in /etc/init.d/functions.

Agreed.  My idea was to start by moving only the parts
of code that LSB advertises from /etc/init.d/functions
to /lib/lsb/init-functions.  Would that make sense?

It would be best to wait for some packages to be
converted to the LSB init system first, so we have
something to test the changes against.

--
  // Bernardo Innocenti
\X/  http://www.codewiz.org/