Re: must send modifications license acceptable?

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 02:50:50AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Any license that mandates a requirement to send all modifications to the
> original authors is clearly non-free.  Academic Free License does not do
> that. The other licenses you quotes appear to do this.

In fact in one of the license this is a should and not a must, Karl
Berry (texlive maintainer) thinks it is right and I agree with him:

"All modified versions should be reported back to the author."

And the clause in the other license has been removed by the author of dvips
recently.

--
Pat