Re: F8 Features--should they stay or should they go?

Patrice Dumas wrote:

Those licensing issues would be blockers in general, but in that case
some problematic softwares are in tetex already, it is an already existing
issue, so I think it is not unacceptable to have problematic parts goes
in, given that most of the time the issue is that a license is missing,
and the author intention is certainly to make free software.

If we are distributing software without a clear written license, we should stop doing so. If you did do it without the knowledge that there is a problem, then that is different from knowingly ignoring a licensing issue and you can suffer more damages as a result. It is a blocker.

I mailed all the issues I found out to the texlive maintainer and Spot
is also doing a license review.

Rahul