Re: Developing Fedora Derivative distro yum "priority" question

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 17:38 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 23:17 +0200, Mark wrote:
> > Thanx for that, seth. i couldn't find anything like it.
> > More info for that plugin (in case anyone wants to know more about it)
> > http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities
> >
> > And another question.
> > how about law stuff.. lets still imagine that k3b package but than
> > with ffmpeg.. will that be hosted on the fedora servers.. or better..
> > can Fedora Derivatives be hosted on the fedora servers?
>
> If a Fedora Derivative breaks US law, then I can safely say it will not
> be hosted on official Fedora hosting.

Am also pretty sure you can't call it Fedora either nor use the Fedora
artwork (e.g. you need to replace fedora-logos with something else).

(AFAIK the guidelines says that you can only call something Fedora if it
is built only from packages from the Fedora Package Collection.)

       David