Re: changelogs in packages and space use

seth vidal (skvidal fedoraproject org) said:
> on my system 1128 packages installed:
>   new changelogs: 2.2M
>   old changelogs: 8.6M
>

> That may not seem like much but when we're squinched for space in 700M
> on a livecd that 8.6M might be all that's needed.

I'm not sure. Trying to fit on a livecd is always a losing game - software
never gets smaller, the media never gets bigger; all this will save us
is maybe one release cycle of pain.

It's not to say we can't try and not have the data in so many places,
but I don't think livecd should be the deciding reason.

Bill