Security Policy for Applications/Packages

Hi,

What's Fedora's policy for applications that need certain security
policies? What I mean is, if an application needs SELinux policy entries
or firewall entries, what does Fedora recommend people involved to do?
Am I right in assuming that packagers are the one to execute security
requests from the system? Is there an API or a program one can execute
to apply for security clearances? Config files that should be dropped
somewhere where an administrator can approve or disapprove via some GUI
interface pop-up or even email?
--

Richi Plana