umask in rpm scriptlets - yes or no?

I believe we've tried to discuss this in the past, but I'm unable to
find a related topic on several lists (packaging, extras, maintainers)
and in the Wiki.

A restrictive umask still causes RPM scriptlets to create inaccessible
files (and it still affects unowned directories, too, btw).

For example, a superuser with umask 077 installs a package, which
runs "/usr/bin/update-mime-database /usr/share/mime" in %post. The
result will be files that are readable only by root.

A very recent example, that might be related could be this:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/230781

Does anybody know whether anything has been decided on setting an
explicit "umask 022" at the beginning of scriptlets?