Re: announce: readahead-1.4

2007/3/1, Karel Zak <kzak redhat com>:

 I have just pushed out a new 1.4 version of the readahead util.
<snip />
 I welcome your feedback! Send me your comments, ideas for
 enhancements or bug reports.

This is more of a planning-for-the-future request, but with Intel
bundling Flash memory into their motherboards starting with the Santa
Rosa platform to be released this May, would readahead support the use
of cache devices?

Only trivial modifications are needed:
- at boot time, read the cached files from the cache device rather
than from the normal partition
- whenever the files are changed (due to package update, etc.), copy
the modified files to the cache device

Would union-mounting the cache device on top of / work? (What if /usr
is a separate partition)

Regards,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
               -- Christopher Morley