Re: yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
If you had efficiency threashold at >50% and size of ORIGINAL rpm
larger than a certain size (say 1 meg? 10 megs? that would be up to
whoever is doing the work and not me, a lurker), it could work.

Another metric could simply be absolute size of the difference.  If a
major openoffice.org-core update was only a 25% savings, that would
still be about 25MB of data.

Err, yes, this is what I meant. =)

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com