Re: yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

This work is based on the "deltarpm" tool which is written by Michael Schroeder at suse, and is the tool used by suse. Not sure if Mandrake is using the same tool though!

On 3/11/07, nodata <lsof nodata co uk> wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 11.03.2007, 14:07 -0400 schrieb Warren Togami:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >> If you had efficiency threashold at >50% and size of ORIGINAL rpm
> >> larger than a certain size (say 1 meg? 10 megs? that would be up to
> >> whoever is doing the work and not me, a lurker), it could work.
> >>
> > Another metric could simply be absolute size of the difference.  If a
> > major openoffice.org-core update was only a 25% savings, that would
> > still be about 25MB of data.
> >

> Err, yes, this is what I meant. =)
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami redhat com

Is this delta rpm work separate from what Mandrake or Suse (I forget
which) have been using for quite some time now?