speed of yum depsolver

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
I ran some basic benchmarks with time and Yum 3.1.4 in rawhide is much faster than yum 3.0.3 in FC6 except for the dependency resolving portion.

yum now uses its own depsolver instead of rpmlib which is slower. I know that its planned to make it working first befor starting to optimize it.
my question is:
Will this optimzations make it in yum/anaconda before the feature freeze?
If not users will complain about update process took to long due to the new depsolver.