Re: flaky usb conn to bluetooth dongle

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:21:06 +0000 (UTC), Jack Tanner <ihok hotmail com> wrote:

I just got a cheapo Bluetooth dongle, as generic and non-branded as can be.
Naturally, it's not always happy; log below.

I'm not a USB or Bluetooth expert. What can I do to file a useful bug report?

Any evidence that a bug is involved would be good. So far I don't
see any.

Is it evidence enough that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (on the same FC6 box, with no reboots in between), and that it always works on two other Windows boxes? I don't dispute that the device may be crappy and that Windows may be working around its bugs. Still, the user experience seems less than ideal.

Mar 12 12:39:57 luserpc kernel: usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71

Yep, that's a duff device all right.

We may be able to accomodate it somehow if someone figures out
what it wants. But we'll need you to do all of it: run Snoopy on
Windows, formulate a patch.

Er, running a logger on Windows I can do. I snooped on the web, and there are lots of Snoopies. Is this the right one? http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/

The formulate the patch part is going to be difficult. I don't suppose I could get away with just sending you some log files? :)