disabling warn_unused_result attribute with FORTIFY_SOURCE?

My google-fu is failing me; I can't find any documentation on this.
Apparently, building with -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 results in the
warn_unused_result attribute being added to every (? or maybe just many)
fuction. In turn, this makes many perfectly good programs spit out hundreds
of warnings. I'm not sure this is necessarily good.

Unlike other warnings, though, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it
off. Is there one I'm missing?

I'd like to clean up all the real errors and turn on -Werror....