Re: User directories integration - request for help

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:38:00AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
If there are real practical reasons just cite that specifically.

The use home directory shouldn't have non dot files (or directories) used by the applications. (There are allready the Desktop and GNUstep
directories, but in my opinion they shouldn't be there).

What about documents? music? pictures? Applications shouldnt ever touch non hidden directories doesnt seem to be feasible. I understand if you dont want random programs dumping files into your desktop but I dont see the advantage of restricting applications to this extend.

Rahul