Re: User directories integration - request for help

Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 04:48:47AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:38:00AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
If there are real practical reasons just cite that specifically.
The use home directory shouldn't have non dot files (or directories) used by the applications. (There are allready the Desktop and GNUstep
directories, but in my opinion they shouldn't be there).
What about documents? music? pictures? Applications shouldnt ever touch non hidden directories doesnt seem to be feasible.

I can select directories for apps to download into, but they shouldn't
be created automatically without user interaction.

Why not? Selecting good defaults for all these is our responsibility. We shouldn't be pushing choices unnecessarily to the end users. Users can always customize it later.

Rahul