Re: Filesystem-local databases in mlocate

Axel Thimm wrote:

>> The NFSv4 spec allows very aggressive client-side caching.  Recent kernels
>> with cachefs may even use local files for backing store.  This general
>> solution should speedup most usage patterns without the need to add
>> specialized caches to all applications.
>
> We're certainly not there yet to disallow connecting to NFS3 servers
> (or anything but NFSv4).

NFSv3 still works, but will do less caching.

Actually, I'm not sure whether NFSv3 can do efficient read-only caching
or not.  Maybe yes.

And btw, I can't find cachefs anywhere in recent 2.6.20 kernels.
Does anyone know where it's gone?

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti - Develer R&D dept.
 \X/  http://www.develer.com/