Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Hi Rahul!

On 03/19/2007 10:51 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Been fiddling with a installation of Fedora 7 Test 2 from the Live CD and it still enables way too may daemons by default. The following deserve special mention.

Hardware specific - Bluetooth (along with hidd), cups (FC6 even had smartcard daemon by default). Should check and enable on demand

Hm. Sounds good, shouldn't be enabled by default; Not only on the LiveCD...

Definitely superfluous - firstboot, livecd. Should disable after first run completely or even remove the packages.

Extra - cpuspeed.

This one makes sense on laptops, doesn't it? I wouldn't disable that one. Or only if there's some way to check if the cpu supports it or not. If not I wouldn't even install it.

> mdmonitor, netfs

Yes, also think these shouldn't be enabled; Or installed...

> ntpd,

I would let this one. Time synchronization makes sense.

> portmap. Can't see a reason to enable these by default.

Maybe.

[ ... ]

Just my 2 cent...

-of