Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Florian La Roche wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:01:39PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Lun 19 mars 2007 10:51, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

Extra - cpuspeed. mdmonitor, netfs, ntpd, portmap. Can't see a reason to
enable these by default.
cpuspeed, mdmonitor and ntpd are no more extra than NetworkManager
Yes, They are. For a desktop. A Live CD is targeted at the desktop. Nothing else.

We should really target a Live-DVD instead of a Live-CD.

DVD drives are way too costly in many regions. We still need a Live CD.

Rahul