Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Florian La Roche wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:01:39PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Lun 19 mars 2007 10:51, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :

Extra - cpuspeed. mdmonitor, netfs, ntpd, portmap. Can't see a reason to
enable these by default.
cpuspeed, mdmonitor and ntpd are no more extra than NetworkManager
Yes, They are. For a desktop. A Live CD is targeted at the desktop. Nothing else.

We should really target a Live-DVD instead of a Live-CD.
DVD drives are way too costly in many regions. We still need a Live CD.

Pardon, but I would not recommend Fedora to anybody who doesn't have
broadband access. Those who have broadband access also very likely have
a DVD drive

Can you specify the factors for your recommendation? Live CD's can be installed to a hard disk and works out of the box. That doesnt require any broadband connection. Broad connection does not automatically translate into systems with DVD. Many work places have restrictions on removable disk access (No CD/DVD drivers, USB ports locked etc).

Also: Do you know how Ubuntu and Knoppix are being shipped in Germany.
As free add-ons to magazines

Fedora is included in magazines all over the world too. Does not change the fact that Live CD are still very much a good thing for several end users and for promotional events.

Rahul