Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

On 19/03/07, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:

Le Lun 19 mars 2007 13:31, Richard Hughes a écrit :

> GNOME Power Manager can control CPU speed with policy set in the
> session, usually saving power more aggressively than cpuspeed. It also
> has the benefit of using a HAL addon rather than a system service, which
> is only loaded if the machine is frequency scale supported.

Does it work for KDE users or when logged of? (just curious, my system is
mostly iddle when I'm not sitting in front of it)

Locked yes, not logged in no. That's something that will be fixed
really soon, now that g-p-m can be run headless.

KDE has a K-version of power manager, the name of which escapes me. I
would expect that to do cpu freq just like g-p-m does.

Richard.