Re: No shape and sync extensions in xorg?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn a écrit :

I'm using the "nv" driver and the card (well, it's on-board) is identified as "nVidia Corporation GeForce 6100 nForce 430".

Xorg says "Chipset Unknown NVIDIA chip found" in the log but except for some graphical glitches it seems to work ok. Cursors don't get drawn correctly and sometimes parts of the terminal text output appear a bit bolder then regular text (though not bold as in "bold font", just a tiny bit bolder as if the anti-aliasing is a bit off or there is some sort of pixel/rounding error).

AFAIK the nv driver doesn't provide 3D rendering for such gpu , you should use the nvidia closed source driver. It may add a line " Module glx" in your module section. I had to disable it in order to have the desktop effects working. Some other people had to not delete this line.

Here's my post about this : http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-March/msg02212.html

Axel