Re: [BUG] Mounted partitions are not showing up and CD/DVD link not correct

On 19/03/07, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 17:32 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> This is a bug I've been harping on for ages, when the typical use case
> for non-geeks is:
>
> Install fedora on second disk or spare partition and just dual boot to
> Linux when possible.
>
> In this case "the windows disk" isn't detected. Bad bad bad.

I personally agree with that but note that it wasn't the position of the
project when the current policy was decided. Hence where we are right
now.

Is this a rh-legal type problem (in which case I understand) or
rh-desktop policy (which can be re-evaluated)? Personally I've
explained the 99-fixed-disk thing to at least 4 or 5 people new to
linux, and they all thought it was a crazy decision. No offence
intended.

Richard.