Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Brent wrote:
Jarod Wilson wrote:
Everyone please kindly read the cpuspeed initscript before continuing to
hypothesize about it. It does indeed already look for necessary support,
and silently exits without doing a thing it its not present.

/me is the cpuspeed maintainer... :)
Perhaps a new third result for initscripts. Instead of just [ok] or [Failed], maybe a new one like [Unneeded] or [N/A] or something.

We already have a 3rd result, 'warning', but...

Might help people realize that these things are running instead of giving them the impression that they are running and using system resources.

...Meh. I prefer what we do w/cpuspeed right now. If the support isn't there, we silently exit. We never even print out a "starting cpuspeed:" or any status.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson redhat com