Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Miles Lane wrote:
On 3/20/07, Jarod Wilson <jwilson redhat com> wrote:
The cpuspeed case is a bit interesting. We've decided that we're going
to start the cpuspeed initscript on every system we possibly can, doing
our part to help conserve energy, make users lives easier w/o them
having to do anything, etc.

Speaking of conserving energy, is there any plan to enable Suspend
from a gdm login display?  I notice that closing the lid of a laptop
won't suspend the machine until I have logged into Gnome, which has
led to dead batteries, wasted energy and potential heat overload in
stowed laptops.

In a earlier part of this thread, David Zuethen said that the plan is that g-p-m will do system wide power management for Fedora 8.

Rahul