Re: fedora-maintainers vs fedora-devel

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 14:39:13 Axel Thimm wrote:
> The way I see it it is like the following:
>
> o fedora-devel
>   - concentrates on rawhide and its way to a release
>   - has in-house upstream development discussion
>   - more in-depth Linux mechanics
>   - manages release cycle
>
> o fedora-maintainers
>   - concentrates on the packaging community as a whole
>   - More issues about packaging than on upstream development, if any
>   - cares more about current and past releases

Actually I do all the freeze and collection announcements to
fedora-maintainers.  They're the people that need to know, and it's largely
just noise for fedora-devel.  To me, fedora-maintainers are the people doing
the work, and a communication place for that.  fedora-devel is a combo of
people doing work and a larger community consuming the work.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora