Re: Launching g-p-m in gdm, Was: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:22 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> BTW, will g-p-m be completely control switching itself or will it
> simply
> chose the governor to be used by the kernel? Or would both be
> possible?

It simply sets the kernel governor and performance metric. At the moment
we are defaulting to ondemand performance 75 for AC, and ondemand
performance 25 for DC.

> The reasons why I'm asking: From what I have heard and seen on LKML I
> got the *impression* (maybe that's wrong) that in-kernel governor
> seems to be the far better choice for modern CPUs.

Totally agree. The kernel is in the best position to make those kind of
decisions.

Richard.