Re: Launching g-p-m in gdm, Was: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 11:22 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> P.S.: I'd further say the cpufreq stuff should be enabled early in the
> boot-process -- gdm seems quite late for me.

Sorry, I missed this bit in your email.

At startup we are not idle, or at least shouldn't be, and we gain little
from switching to a different governor at startup in my opinion.

Whilst we are in the initscripts we *should* be at 100% utilization on
as many CPUs as we have for speed, so power saving doesn't really apply.

Richard.