Re: missing FC6 system-config-control

Kelly wrote:
On Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:21 pm Mark Smith wrote:
I think what you noticed is that the noarch rpm from Fedora Extras:
system-config-control   is in FC5 Extras, but is gone from FC6 Extras and
rawhide.

Even my FC5 install that I "upgrade" installed to FC6, lost it.

That's the one, because I normally install it to have one program I can use to quick-access the system-config utilities.

system-config-control was apparently a non-official, optional add-on in Extras.

It appears to be orphaned now, meaning nobody is maintaining it, thus it was removed before FC6. The only way it will be in Fedora again is if somebody takes the steps to become the maintainer and just do the work.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com