Re: Which unresolved bugs block a release?

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 20:57 +0100, dragoran dragoran wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Andy Burns <fedora lists burns me uk> wrote:
>         On 22/03/07, Will Woods <wwoods redhat com> wrote:
>
>         > We do actually have some guidelines for this:
>         > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/ReleaseCriteria
>
>         I'm surprised that install to dmraid is classed as MUST, yet
>         install
>         to mdraid isn't even mentioned as SHOULD.
>
> good point I disagree on some others mentioned on this page too:
>
> "Rescue mode SHOULD also be able to detect/mount
> RAID/LVM/dmraid/mdraid installations"
>
> no it MUST else we ship a release with a useless rescue mode for many
> setups

Did you actually read the big fat warning at the top of the page?

"Items described with the word "MUST" are required to work for all
releases, including Test releases. Additionally, the items described
with the word "SHOULD" are required for all final releases."

In short, "SHOULD" means "REQUIRED FOR FINAL RELEASE".

>  and also update without reinstall should be a MUST....

We're looking into it.

-w