Re: /usr/share/java and JNI libraries

On Monday 26 March 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> %{_jnidir} is the correct place according do jpackage naming conventions
> (file:///usr/share/doc/jpackage-utils-*/jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml)
>
> It's never seen much use, because packaging basic java classes is hard
> and jni code is harder. So it could probably be redefined if the current
> default is found lacking. However because jni classes depend on arch
> code, it should stay %{_libdir}-based IMHO.

s/stay/change to/

%{_jnidir} is defined as %{_prefix}/lib/java; no %{_libdir} there,
it's /usr/lib/java on lib64 archs too, ditto the versioned /usr/lib/java-*
dirs.  I suppose that's a relic/bug from JPackage (whose conventions don't
take lib64 into account due to hysterical raisins AFAIK) and should
eventually be fixed there as well.  jpackage-utils should probably change
from noarch to arch dependent if/when this gets fixed.