Re: Fedora 9 on ASUS EeePC 900

Peter Robinson wrote:
Is there anything in your kernel that might improve the stability of the
intel video driver over the stock fedora kernel? I'm getting quite a lot of
hard lock-ups and random X restarts if I don't disable video acceleration,
but then playing video is impossible.

Have you tried disabling FrameBufferCompression?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it last night but it didn't help.

Video played for about a minute, then the screen got corrupt and the machine locked up.

-Phil