Re: Linux is not about choice [was Re: Fedora too cutting edge?]

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 11:28 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
udev rules for stable network interface names.
Btw, that would be

 /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
 /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

HTH. Follow up with questions on the udev list please.

We are badly in need of system-config-udev. I spent several hours
understanding udev adn building rules for my sound cards and tv cards.
I hadn't done a yum update on my F7 box for weeks/months (lazyness)
did one this week, and it apperently just blew away my custom udev
config

Is this another work-in-progress? I don't have anything handy newer than FC6 which doesn't have persistent-net.rules and a similar question on the Centos list mentioned that ethX devices can be renamed when the the ifup scripts run.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com