Re: fuzzy fontness

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:28:08PM -0600, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> I dont think I have seen it make fonts look any better on any of the
> Dell and Apple LCD monitors we have (and those are pretty much every
> model). In most cases it made it look fuzzier or just no difference.

FWIW the sub-pixel rendering on Red Hat looks far worse than on Windows
XP. I don't know what MS ClearType is doing differently, but it looks
*fantastic* on my Dell Inspiron 5000e (1600x1200 15" screen, so IIRC
it's 133-134dpi or so). The color fringing is much more noticeable with
Red Hat than with WinXP, but I think the sub-pixel rendering is probably
still the best-looking mode on this display.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn pobox com>