Can I use the build files after the system is up?

I am running 8.0

System is up and running, I want to add open office.

All the rpm files are on the hard drive as files (not CD images).

I would like to run some installer that will resolve all the dependencies and install open office.

red-config-packages seems to be hung up on wanting a CD or a CD image. Surly there is a simple way to do this...

While on this subject, is there a way to get up2date or some such to update this set of files?
--
George Anzinger george mvista com