Re: problems compiling AS2.1 kernels for enterprise evaluation

Thanks Xose. I had that suspicion after seeing some of the comments in the sources, but wasn't sure. I'll be following AS related news more closely now that I've started working with it, so hopefully won't run into something like this again.

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
Max Pakhutkin wrote:

Now I'm compiling the sources again (this time on my initial install of
AS2.1 build) to make sure the result is as close to what would come in
an official AS2.1 distribution as possible. Naturally, I'm interested in
including the most recent kernel in the resulting CD set. However, none
of the kernel-2.4.18-* source RPMS from the updates compile. Each of

kernel-2.4.18-* are _only_ for ia64. Base kernel still is kernel-2.4.9-*:
latest http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/2.1AS/en/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.4.9-e.27.src.rpm