Re: useNoSSLForPackages and other badly-conceived options (noticenon-hijacked thread!)

Barry K. Nathan wrote:
> I would expect the effect of SSL on bandwidth use to be minimal. If you
> really want to reduce bandwidth, I think there would be more gains if
> some RPM packages were compressed using bzip2 rather than gzip.

It has a huge effect, for the simple reason that it is *non-cacheable*.
 If you have multiple systems that need the packages, you have to turn
on useNoSSLForPackages if you don't want to download every package for
every machine.
--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net