Re: useNoSSLForPackages and other badly-conceived options (noticenon-hijacked thread!)

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 09:41:55PM -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> I would trust a local mirror of updates.redhat.com and the "--packagedir"
> option for up2date more than I would trust a proxy cache.

Not to mention, Red Hat also has an RHN proxy server available for
purchase. AFAIK that's their official solution for local caching:
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhn/management/table/

Or you can locally mirror updates.redhat.com and serve that out with
Current (that's what I'm doing -- it lets me add custom packages of my
own to the channel, too):
http://current.tigris.org/

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn pobox com>