Is the Print Support and OpenOffice Yes/No really honored

Hi,

I am asking this as I've just seen that some are experiencing issues
with disabling the firewall. While I was installing Fedora Test 2 I
chose not to install printing support and yet cups is installed and is
active. Both Cups and the Cups libraries are installed. I am a newbie to
Linux so I am not sure if Cups was installed as it may be required for
some other reason. The same goes for Open Office. I chose not to install
any Office/Productivity apps and yet Open Office libraries are
installed.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

M@