Error while loading shared libraries

First a little background...
I first tried installing some Oracle software on an older version of Red Hat. And in the process of doing that my husband did something that required a reinstall. Instead he installed fedora. I like it a lot better.

But when I tried to install the software on fedora I got this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-lib6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now I'm a unix user not admin, and I sort of understand this, and I sort of found solutions, but they didn't go into enough detail. I don't know where to find the right file to load using rpm. Also I've never used rpm either.

Charlene