Re: problem with cdrecord / Fedora Core 2 (/dev/sg*)

Tristan Fillmore wrote:

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 13:58, weha wrote:

Fedora Core 2 also recognizes it at /dev/scd0 (CD-reading works fine).
But cdrecord, only regognizes my ATAPI-CDROM, which isn't a CD-Writer:

SCSI support in the cdrecord shipped with Core 2 seems to be somewhat
broken. I am able to burn by using "cdrecord dev=/dev/scd0" (instead of
specifying a SCSI bus location). This produces a warning, but it seems
to work.

My understanding is that it's not broken at all....it's simplified. You don't have to do the whole -scanbus thing anymore. My SCSI writer works with dev=/dev/cdrom

Greg