Re: Sagem Fast 800 E2T

Philip Moller wrote:

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

Hi there, I recently tried to move to linux from windows but had to give up in the end as i couldnt configure my internet access. Im using a sagem fast 800 e2t usb broadband modem and wondered if anybody could confirm whether or not i can get this to work with fedora before i try again? if so how did they do it aswell.
on my last attempt i managed to install a driver for it but when i came to connect i could never get on.
any advice would be welcome, and if you need anymore information to help me ask and i'll do my best to supply it.

Thanks!

--
Jon

Look at this thread:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178634&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

They seem to have the same problem.

Read this to :
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Modem-HOWTO.html :-)

Have you activated the networkcard with the Network Device Control (/usr/bin/system-control-network) ?