Re: uninstall python script?

On 04/05/07, Morgan Read wrote:
Chris Mohler wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Morgan Read <mstuff read org nz> wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I've been unfortunate enough to try installing a python script to find
>> it doesn't work, only then to find there's no uninstall command - at
>> least not obvious to the uninitiated.
> [...]
>
> Try 'python setup.py install --help' - IIRC there's an option in there
> somewhere.

There is no uninstall command and no uninstall option. It is pretty
usual to record the list of installed files and remove/uninstall a
Python module/program with that list. That's also one of the reasons
why we use RPM for the majority of packages.

Options for 'install' command:
  --record            filename in which to record list of installed files