Re: How to check cpu temperature?

On 10/16/2009 11:19 PM, Mikkel wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
On my F11 laprop there is a file:
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature
whwen cat-ed displays the temperature of thwe cpu.

However there is not such file on my desktop running F11.

Two questions:
1. How can I display the cpu temperature on the desktop cpu?
2. Is is it maybe because my desktop has a dual core cpu?

This is normally caused by a BIOS that does not support the ACPI CPU
temperature output. You may be able to get the temperature by
configuring lmsensors.

With a Dual core CPU, you should geempet 2 different temperature
displays - one for each core. But to get them under thermal_zone, it
has to be supported by the BIOS.

Mikkel
If entering the BIOS menu, does it show the CPU temp and all that jazz? If it's a BIOS issue, it's less likely that sensors support will help
much. A BIOS flash/update might help a great deal.